Best practice awards are made to an individual NZPI Member, or to any organisation, group, or body whose members include a member of the New Zealand Planning Institute. The Best Practice awards recognise outstanding creativity, innovation, and service. So, if you have a project, no matter how small or large, that is innovative and reflects best practice then please take the opportunity to celebrate and share your work and learnings by submitting a nomination to the NZPI Annual Awards.
The NZPI Annual Awards celebrate best practice in the following categories:
- Strategic planning & guidance (inclusive of professional evidence)
- District / Regional planning
- Integrated planning and investigations (inclusive of AEE reports, monitoring processes and reports)
- Consultation and participation strategies and/or processes
- Non-statutory planning
Plans and processes eligible for this award include:
- the development of a LTCCP, Iwi Management Plan, district or regional plans, structure plan, national policy statement or standard, guidance and practice notes
- advice and service to the community
- the use or development of a natural or physical resource, or
- the protection or conservation of a natural or physical resource, or
- a significant improvement in the amenity or quality of the community and/or the environment in any area.
The Awards Committee select the winner of the Nancy Northcroft Planning Practice Award, NZPI's supreme practice award from the winners of the best practice categories and the Project Award.
Download nomination form