The Gold Medal Award is the NZPIs premier individual award and supports NZPIs strategic intent to foster excellence and the highest standards of professionalism and ethics. The Award shall be made from time to time, but not more than annually, to any individual member of the Institute.
Candidates will be evaluated on how well they meet the following criteria:
- The candidate shall have demonstrated great depth of experience and knowledge, having a cumulative and constructive effect on the profession of planning in New Zealand over at least a twenty year period.
- The candidate shall have demonstrated great breadth of experience and knowledge, having influenced either the practice, research or teaching of planning over at least a twenty year period.
- The candidate shall be widely known by the quality of his or her work nationally; by those
- who practice planning;
- who teach or research planning; and/or
- by those in the wider community
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate outstanding service to the planning profession.
If you would like to submit a nomination for the Gold Medal Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.